Zero Power Export Controller - PE-200-2 Suits SMA, Fronius and Zever Solar
With the proliferation of solar PV systems, the Electrical Supply Utilities are becoming increasingly concerned about voltage rise caused by solar systems exporting power to the grid when the customer’s load is not high enough to use all of the power generated by the solar system. This may be on weekends or public holidays. This HLP Controls' Zero Power Export Control System will stop this excess power from going onto the grid while allowing the solar system to be left on and supplying power to the business.
This unit is suitable for SMA, Zever Solar and Fronius inverters. Includes the 3 Solid core 200.5 CT's
Model: zero power export controller PE-200-2
Send an Enquiry
Please use this form if you have questions about our products and we'll get back with you very soon.
- With the proliferation of solar PV systems, the Electrical Supply Utilities are becoming increasingly concerned about voltage rise caused by solar systems exporting power to the grid when the customer’s load is not high enough to use all of the power generated by the solar system. This may be on weekends or public holidays.
- The systems can be turned off during these times, however you will lose the efficiency and don’t then cover basic loads that may be much less than the maximum capacity of the solar system.
- When solar systems generate more power than the load required at any particular time, the excess load is pushed back to the mains network and can cause voltage rise. Many of the transformers and mains network assets were not designed to manage this reverse power flow.
- Approvals for solar system installs can be dependant on 1) if excess power will be available & 2) if the local grid can accept it.
- Sometimes approvals for even small (5KW) systems are not available.
- HLP Controls have a system (PE-200) to prevent the export of power during excess power production while still utilizing the solar power to maintain efficiency.
- The PE-200 System monitors power flow direction and then can control the inverters to reduce power generated to match the power used on the premises.
- This - maximises the use of solar power
- maximises return on investment, &
- keeps the power utility companies happy by not exporting excess power to the grid.
- The PE-200 is easily installed and set-up. The export power limit is easily changed for situations where an export limit is set.
- For instance, say on a 30KW solar system you are allowed 5KW of export.
- In this situation the 5KW export is set as the export limit and all control will be set around this figure.
- Inverters which have stepped power control, such as the SMA with power control module, Fronius with the plug in comms modue and Zeversolar with the PMU.
- These units step the power in between 3 and 15 steps (64 for the fronius,dependant on the module). Many inverters use this kind of control module. This is common in smaller systems of less than 20KW. With this type of inverter the PE-200 controls in the appropriate steps. 30% or 7%.
- The end result is the same - more solar systems can be installed and each one is used more efficiently.
- Parts Required:
- Each system will require: 1) An inverter that has one of the two types of controls mentioned above;
2) CT’s installed on site to measure the grid current; ( Standard 3 x 200:5 CT's included.)
3) A PE-200-2;
4) A PE-200 spec sheet with all items filled in;
5) A qualified electrician to install the PE-200.
- For systems when the Electricity Authorities require a generator protection relay, we match the PE-200 Zero Export Controller with an IEC Approved Protection Relay such as the Fanox SIL-G. This ensures compliance with the Utilities protection requirements and are typical on larger systems over 30KW (dependant on the Utility and the approval conditions).
Full system drawings are available for all configurations.
The PE-200-SILG is in a metal outdoor enclosure 600 x 600 x 180mm.
The unit has an inner door with all of the controls mounted inside.
This includes an IEC Approved generator protection relay which meets Australian standards. The protection relay includes reverse power, ROCOF, over-voltage, under-voltage, frequency, power and voltage measurement, etc.
A 140 Amp contactor is mounted in the system, which is controlled by the protection relay to disconnect the solar power should any parameters be exceeded (contactors up to 400 amps are available). This is typical of larger (ie: greater than 100KW) solar power requirements. The generator protection relay is often required by the Utilities as a ‘fail-safe’.
This unit is supplied wired, tested and programmed to your specifications, READY TO INSTALL! Just add the inverter interface.
To order these systems you will need to call our office on 1800 500 160 and provide the details of your solar PV system so that the correct programming can be completed for you
Other products you might be interested in
Voltage & Frequency Relay
Model : UFR1001E Ziehl Inc GST